JACKET - Flying Type A-2 Rough Wear® Contract 1401P
The original maker: The Rough Wear Clothing Co. Middletown Pennsylvania.Continue Reading
- LEATHER SHELL
- Veg-tanned WarHorse® horsehide
- Premium quality 3-ply 100% cotton
- Authentic shade and weave in 100% cotton
- Tube construction. 100% wool in correct weave and colour
- PRESS STUDS
- Correct model 'Ball Stud'
- COLLAR HOOK EYELET
- With metal washer reinforcements
- CROWN® - an Eastman trademarked brand
- Shuttle-loom, Rayon-yarn, perfect reproduction of the original maker; Rough Wear Clothing Co. 1401 contract
- ROUGH WEAR
- Is a registered trademark of Eastman Leather Clothing Ltd
The original maker:
The Rough Wear Clothing Co. Middletown Pennsylvania.
They were one of the most prolific of the wartime contractors, producing thousands of flight jackets throughout the 30s and 40s. The 1401 was one of several contracts awarded to them for A-2s, in 1941.
Made from premium, 100% veg-tanned, Italian horsehide this model is finished in a semi-aniline finish as per the original. The handle and the finish exudes quality and appearance giving you a jacket of the highest end in authentic recreations.
Naturally all other details such as cut and stitch style have been faithfully reproduced to the finest detail, giving you a reproduction so accurate it could be mistaken for a dead-stock original.
The Eastman Rough Wear® 1401 is another front runner from our A-2 stable!
Available in sizes: 36 - 48
This garment is available with the option of having a ‘TimeWorn’ finish. For more information about TimeWorn please see the link just below here.
Choosing the TimeWorn option renders the garment non-returnable. Please see our Terms and Conditions regarding returns if you require further information.